Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Quick visit :)

Went up to visit plot last night,watered tunnel,pick some courgetts,huge strawberries, cut runners back to one per plant,pulled up last of the broad beans as birds attacking them.Picked 14 raspberries and lots of broccoli. Fed onion,leeks,potatoes and squashes.First sweetpea is nearly out.Im so happy with the turnips this year they are flying along.Brought up seaweed and covered sweetcorn bed and new broccoli bed.Have more to do the runners and another new broccoli bed,im hoping to have lots for the winter. French beans in the tunnel look good lots to pick this weekend.I have sowed the purple ones to bring up to the tunnel and also fennel it did really well last year in the tunnel.I planted courgette pantheon and hope to put it in a container for the tunnel for late harvest.Loads of mangetout ready for the weekend potato Sarpo Mira really starting to move along now after more manure and chicken pellets. Celery outside has got attacked by carrot root fly and is dying,thankfully I put some in the tunnel as well. Its great to get a good harvest each time I visti now.Kohl rabi will be ready this weekend and going to make coleslaw with my own carrots and onions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment