Friday, 5 July 2013
A visit to water
I popped up last night to water as the next few days are going to be hot.Strawberries look good will pick lots at the weekend.The corn looks happy with the seaweed mulch I think they have grown over night.
Pulled some small garlic that where planted late and they will do until main crop comes in.Squashes still slow hope the warm weather gets them moving.Cabbages that I transplanted are doing well.
Carrots in raised bed are small finger size so gave them a good wartering.Celeriac looks good golf ball size going to trim lower leaves this weekend.Big crop of mangtout waiting to be picked.Going to pick broccoli and cauliflower for freezer this weekend and make more courgette provencal as it look like 8 courgettes are ready to pick yellow and green.
First cucumber should be ready this weekend as well.
The beans are growing like mad in tunnel and will have my first big crop this weekend,pulled my first Kohl rabi to make coleslaw last night.Melon is growing and growing but cant make out flowers yet,I will be very happy if I get a melon this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment