Wednesday, 1 May 2013
Allotment update
New to this blog and couldn't find where it was lol.
Potatoes in polytunnel going to flower soon,the bud are swelling,I'm doing rocket as my early as usual,quick growing and taste nice.if you leave them the get nice and big I find them great,last years yield was low hoping it's better this year.decided not to go foe second earliers only main crop and trying a sarpo Mira as the blight was so bad last year.
Carrots are up under enviromesh it's heart warming to see the seedlings I check there progress first time when I arrive at lottie.no water last night was hoping parsnips would be through but no sign,plant swedes last night 2 big rows trying Marion for the first time.celeriac looking good and seem happy outside.peas and mangetout outside seem ok,still have fleece around them.
In the tunnel I have the first mangtout from the overwintered plants it great to see the White flowers,strawberries are flowering as well.carrots are 3 inch high so finally starting to move.I have courgettes in mini greenhouse in tunnel and fleeced they are happy trying pantheon are they don't need to be pollinated.drawf beans have beans about 2 inches long.have planted climbing French beans in tunnel the plants are 4 inch high,fleeced and hoping ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment