Saturday, 4 May 2013

Courgette flower

First courgette flower of the year,I decided to plant a courgette that needs no pollinator in the the tunnel this year to see how it goes.I have never tried this variety before pantheon is the name.but said to ,myself I will put in some defenders as well, pantheon planted first defender second and I was in for a surprise when I went to the tunnel Friday night to see defender in flower,it will come to nothing as there is no male to pollinate it,but it was a great lift to see the yellow promise of summer. I have some yellow courgettes in big containers for outside but leaving them in tunnel until warmer. Brought up some butternuts and winter squashes to tunnel to get ready for their big outing to the raised bed I have got ready from the.

No comments:

Post a Comment